Since the weather outside is SERIOUSLY frightful, all I can think about is ways to stay warm. And since I spend a long amount of time chained to my computer (well, it’s like an elastic leash more than a chain) being warm at the computer is also key. I had a chance to look at the Heated Shoulder Wrap from Heated Mouse (who also run the Warm Mouse Heated Keyboard site.)
The color is gray, which is neutral and will work if you want to haul it into your office. I actually think I would have liked the neck warmer better. You plug this into a USB port, and it only works with that – you can’t plug it in anywhere else. Then you turn it on, and can adjust it to two different levels of heat.
Something I hadn’t realized is that the entire infrared shoulder wrap doesn’t heat up entirely, there are two little packs sewn inside of it that heat up with infrared heat. I wish there were more of them in there to get the tops of my shoulders, not just the back. “It is a low, steady heat with a carbon fiber infrared heating element attached inside the double layer of fleece.”
The front closes with velcro, so it doesn’t fall off or get in your way. However the cord comes out of the left side, and since my CPU (and most) are on the right side of people, I’m not sure why they didn’t put the attachment on the right as well. The cord is a tiny bit cumbersome, but nothing too annoying. I did love that you don’t have to install anything to use this, you just plug it in and you’re ready.
Other ways to stay warm at work n the office are to use a heated mouse, a chair warmer, warm mouse pad, or warm keyboard pad. You can find them all at the links above!
Now we have a chance for you to win the infrared shoulder wrap!
THE GREAT GIVEAWAY PRIZE: One (1) winner will receive an infrared shoulder wrap of their own.
– Giveaway ends on Jan 30, 2011!
MANDATORY FIRST ENTRY: Visit Heated Mouse and tell me another item you like besides the infrared shoulder wrap.
EXTRA CREDIT ENTRIES: (You must do the main entry first, post an additional comment for every bonus entry you do! If you’ve already followed us on twitter or subscribed to the newsletter, leave comments for those entries for every new giveaway and you’ll still get points for them! If something is worth 5 points, leave five comments.)
***Specific to this Giveaway, Additional Entry Methods***
* Tweet: RT @ShesSmart #Win a handy heated office accessory from this @Warm Mouse #giveaway! http://tinyurl.com/4ssktro If you tweet this from a twitter account that is clearly a personal one that you use, and not a generic sweeps one, this is worth more than 1 point, it is then worth 5 points.
Follow Warm Mouse on Twitter
“Like” Warm Mouse on Facebook
“Subscribe” to Warm Mouse and get a discount coupon code.
Follow Heated Mouse on Twitter
“Like” Heated Mouse on Facebook
“Subscribe” to Heated Mouse
***Standard, Additional Entry Methods***
* Follow Jessica Rae on Twitter
* Follow ShesSmart on Twitter
* Fan the ShesSmart Facebook page and post something on our wall! (We need more fans!)
* Tell us your favorite post in our Dress Like a TV Character series. (Link on right sidebar.)
* Enter another one of our Great Giveaways (Link on top banner.)
* Share your ideal day: http://tinyurl.com/2aab9wj (A new ideal day can be shared once for every new giveaway.) 5 points
* Answer the question: Who is your celebrity boyfriend or celebrity girlfriend?? (A new favorite crush can be given for each giveaway.) 5 points
* Comment on another (non giveaway) post and tell me the title. 5 points
USA residents only (unless otherwise noted.) 18+, no P.O. boxes. Winner will be chosen at random and will have 24 hours to respond with their shipping info. Subject to the official rules. No purchase necessary – void where prohibited by law. Disclaimer & Disclosure: Review product (when there is a review) and prize provided by the giveaway sponsor. No monetary compensation is ever given for reviews. Prizes mailed out are not done by this Shopping and Giveaway Blog, but by sponsors who are responsible for them.
Disclosure: I was sent an item for review.