Come see why I’m recommending this pan!
Item reviewed: 10″ Ozeri Green Earth Textured Ceramic Nonstick Frying Pan, 100-Percent PTFE and PFOA Free, 2nd Round.
What IS it? Don’t be so huffy, I’ll tell you! It’s a nonstick pan that also managed to be created without PTFE (a nasty thing that releases toxic chemicals at upper temperatures) PFOA (a pollutant that’s bad for the environment) and all other harmful chemicals you don’t want near your food.
Pros: It cooks everything great and blah blah blah. The most important part, as far as I’m concerned, is that it’s incredibly easy to clean this pan. There’s no need for exerting yourself with a sponge, or soaking it overnight. (And, yes, you do get to use less oil. And it’s a healthy way to cook!)
Cons: If only there were more color choices than lime green! Actually, it does. Although the care of this pan is something you have to remember. A few brown spots will develop on the bottom, but this seems pretty normal. (Another blog review said they saw some after a few months of use.)
Care: (Worth reading once!)
- Precondition inside of pan with tiny bit of oil with every other use. But never too much while cooking as it will build up residue and then your food would stick.
- Oven safe up to 482 F. Dishwasher safe, but not preferred method.
- Do not scratch ceramic base with knives or forks. Go for plastic or wooden utensils.
- If the bottom ever feels filmy, you have oil residue and should use lemon juice and vinegar to clean it.
- Cook on medium, always going with lower options because the pan will cook the food faster than you’re used to.
- Store in a way that other pans are not scratching the inside ceramic coating.
- Let pan cool fully before cleaning. Never pour cold water into a hot pan – this will cause cracking.
Buy Recommendation: Yes
Odds you’ll use this item daily: Commensurate (I love using this word!) with how often you cook. For many of you, that’s definitely daily.
Price: The 10″ Ozeri Green Earth Ceramic Nonstick Frying Pan is $36.79.
Bonus notes: Similar to Orgreenic. (Orgreenic vs Orzeri? Probably nearly identical. Also – , I love when this happens – you can also see the overwhelmingly positive hoard of positive reviews on Amazon. When it’s just one or two user reviews on Amazon, you can never be sure… but look at the #’s attached to these… yup.
Curious? Visit the Ozeri Website (Caution: lame music! However: They make other things…and I’m inclined to believe that all of their products are pretty good.)
Purchase: 10″ Ozeri Pan is $33.26 on Amazon, right here!
Time for the disclaimer!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.