The Soothie Massager is a new product that I agreed to review for you ladies on She’s Smart. It’s a patented product, and says it will give you a terrific heated massage.
Now, I wish I could say that’s what I experienced. But, that’s not how it went down between the microwave, the wall, and my sore muscles.
Naturally, this was a compelling item…the idea of being able to massage back pain by yourself is THE DREAM. Because massages cost so much. And the people in these pictures look SO smiley and fit and happy. Damn them.
But, don’t worry, because at the bottom of this post I’ll tell you my recommendation of a handheld heated massager that I own and love!
Soothie Massager Review
So, here’s what I can tell you. The product means well. It takes that old tennis ball idea and makes it work better, by giving you two tennis-ball type things, and puts them on a strap (my friend said it looked like a long lo mein noodle, probably because she was craving Chinese food…or she’s gone crazy…) so that they can’t move around too much. I really like the logic of having it go up on either side of your spine, which is the proper way to be massaged.
I heated up the item up to the 90 second limit, but it never felt hot except for …the plate I put it on, and the straps, for a bit. (Making it hard to hold.) The ball part just…never felt warm.
So, I went against the wall. When it came to the lower back, it did feel good. But my lower back isn’t where I have problem. I have problem with my upper back, side neck, foot, and calf. And so…it didn’t help me. I could only recommend this if you had bad lower back pain, and are also very flexible and can hold those straps and move them. I have a hunch that if you need a massage, you don’t want to flail your arms around, though.
How to use the Soothie Massager
$39.95 on Amazon: CLICKY
- Use HEAT and PRESSURE to SOOTHE PAINFUL KNOTS and stress along the neck, shoulders and spine.
- Powerful Patented Design. VERSATILE, EFFECTIVE, and now with OOH-AAH HEAT!
- A HEATED FULL BODY MASSAGE in only 10 MINUTES at home, work on the road… ANYTIME, ANYWHERE!
- RE-HEATABLE. Lasts over 20 minutes each use to alleviate aches, pains and sore knots in even the hardest to reach muscles
- Easy-to-use, FULL COLOR INSTRUCTION GUIDE included. Massage Therapist Recommended
- File under: Back Massagers Hand Held
- Soothie Massager Official Website
- Skill Level needed: 6
- Yay/Nay? This is a nay. The handheld massager (with heated option) that I recommend is the HoMedics Action Massager, for $39.99 at Amazon: Clicky! It’s easy to hold and use, and it really does work for your shoulders really well.
I’m very sorry to the Soothie company that I honestly couldn’t give them a better review. My bottom line is that it can help the back a bit, but isn’t worth the money, in my opinion. It’s nothing I would recommend to anyone.
Smart Single Girl Blog – She Shops Smart, and so can you!
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.