We’ve all heard of Snuggies by now. And you’ve probably heard that they even make Snuggies for dogs. Which…okay. That’s weird. And they’re not very attractive, so you’re submitting your dog to look ugly! I digress! There is a great use of Snuggies that does involve dogs. But not just dogs. Cats and rabbits and all sorts of animals. Animal shelters could really use your unwanted snuggies. And let’s be honest – who really WANTS their snuggie? You got one for Christmas and now you don’t know what to do with it? Donate it!
I talked with some different nonprofit animal shelters like the Helen Woodward Animal Center & the North Shore Animal League America, and they all said that Snuggies would make a great donation item since they’re really just blankets with sleeves. (Imagine that, that’s ALL a snuggie is! Hehe.) Animal shelters can ALWAYS use your support and donations of any kind. What can you donate to an animal shelter? I’m glad you asked! (Check with your closest local shelter to find out what they specifically most need!)
- Blankets (like a Snuggie!)
- Cat toys & dog toys
- Paper towels
- Large, clean towels
- Laundry detergent
- Clean newspapers
- Nail trimmers for cats or dogs
- Canned food for cats or dogs
- Flat fabric collars in all sizes
- Cat litter (non-dust usually preferred)
- Digital Cameras (so they can take photos of the animals for websites)
- Money talks with animals, they don’t know what it says other than ‘I care’ – awwww
Alright guys, I’m going back on my mini vacation. Look for more updates on January 3rd – including great new giveaways!