I’m a big fan of tradition, but something I can’t always get behind are traditional candles. Flameless candles from Enjoy Lighting are awesome. It uses three LED bulbs that operate on batteries. The candles are made of real wax, and can be scented. They’re offered in several different sizes and colors.
I received the Ivory Smooth Vanilla Scented Flameless Wax Candles. As with real candles, you don’t really smell them unless you’re very close to them. They look like real candles, for sure. They flicker a little and give you that perfect golden atmosphere. They glow!
Being flameless means these are totally safe to use. They’re safe around pets (no need to worry about your cats tail), kids, people at parties or weddings with long skirts… I mean, candles always make me nervous! People love to light candles during fancy dinners, such as Christmas dinner. But it always makes me nervous when people (in long-sleeved holiday sweaters, no less) reaching to pass things – I don’t want anyone to catch on fire! Add kids to the mixture, and my worry only intensifies! I’m just a very cautious person. If you’re a parent, you probably are as well. (I don’t have an excuse, I’m just an excessive worrier.)
Another thing is that these can be timed to shut off out at a certain time frame. I’m not sure of why anyone would need that, but I suppose if you were having an outdoor party (oh, there’s no chance the wind would blow these out!) and you were hoping people would leave around a certain time then if you time the candles to go out after 6 hours, then voila – they’ll get the hint. The only downsides to these are that they require 4 AA batteries, and I wish they only needed 1 or 2, and it’s difficult to read the bottom to see what the switches are labeled as.
Ivory & Beeswax Pillars
• Available in 3×4”, 3×6”, 3×8”, 4×6”, 4×8” (I recommend at least two in two different heights)
• Astonishingly realistic 100,000 hour Triple-LED flickering light source.
• Available with Multi-Hour Timer (4, 6, 8 hours) Mode or Dim/Bright Mode. (Mine don’t have a dim/bright mode that I can see, even though they allegedly have one..)
• 300+ Hour Battery Life
• Requires 4 ‘AA’ Batteries
• Realistic Melted Edge (Without it, these would look fake. I am not, however, a fan of the option with the wax drips as that screams FAKE to me.)
• Distinct Vanilla Fragrance
Shop: Enjoy Lighting
Disclosure: Products were sent for review purposes, but no monetarily compensation was received.