Emmy Rossum attended The American Museum of Natural History Museum Dance sponsored by Lilly-Pulitzer with a really fresh-but-elegant face. Below are some suggestions for recreating the look.
How to achieve Emmy Rossum’s Makeup Look: Whatever foundation you use, make sure it is as close to your skin tone as possible. Do not use any powder unless you’re using a powder foundation. Skip blush, or use only a very pale pink. Ditto for your lips, clear gloss is the best way to go when the focus is on the eyes. And the focus is very, very much on the eyes. Use a black pencil eyeliner to line to top of your lids as close to possible to the lashline as possible. Then use a pale gray shadow to give your entire eyelid a pale wash of color. Extend it only a little further than your crease. Go in with a highlighter (a stick or just a highlighter shadow) in a pale white or pink/cream and highlight under your browbone, then the full area of your inner eyes, above and blow the eye. Finally, use a darker gray shadow to accentuate the crease in your eyelid. Blend well. Make sure your eyebrows are groomed!
- Stila Smudge Pot in Gray $20 “The unique gel eyeliner and shadow in one is an innovative alternative to traditional powder and liquid formulas.”
- Lola Cosmetics Fineline Eye Pencils $14 “The fine point of this remarkable eyeliner allows you to draw within your lash line for natural definition or to layer for a more dramatic look.”
- Caroline Chu Pressed Mineral Eye Shadow $27 “An infusion of real minerals and vitamins A and E nourish the skin while adding light-reflecting sheen to the rich pigments.”
- Award Winning POPbeauty Beestung in Clear Sting $15 “Hydrates with jojoba oil and a vitamin B complex.”
- Stila Illuminating Liquid Foundation $38 “Infused with Mica, nature’s skin illuminators, to reflect light, leaving you radiant and glowing.”
- Lola Cosmetics Highlighter Pencil in French Pink $20 “Soft and creamy, it blends naturally into the skin.”
- Create fuller-looking lips.
- Accent brows and distract attention from saggy lids.
- Soften the appearance of lines and wrinkles.
- Use as an eye shadow base.
- Reduce the appearance of blemishes.