Amanda Seyfried has a new movie with Julianne Moore and Liam Neeson called “Chloe”. It’s a dark drama/thriller and also supposedly pretty provocative. While I don’t know if it’s a movie worth seeing yet, I do know that Seyfried’s hair is really gorgeous in it! Yes, maybe I’m a little obsessed with hair. There was one year I put hot rollers in my hair pretty much EVERY day, to have the “perfect” hair I wanted. People thought I was nuts to get up so early just to do my hair. But it gave me confidence, so I guess it was worth it.
Psst! Hiya! If you’re new to the site, make sure to check out our review and giveaway section because we have several AMAZING giveaway’s each month!
Of course, the flaw in my plan was that I hate hairspray (so sticky, and if it lands on my face I feel so gross, gross, gross!) so my curled hair would fall rather flat by noon most days. But seeing Seyfried’s curls in stills released for “Chloe” make me want to get out my hot rollers again (they’ve been gathering dust). Personally, I don’t think there’s a huge world of difference between hot rollers and curling irons. So to achieve Amanda Seyfried’s hair style, I think you’re okay using either. But you do need a little bit of hairspray on the curls, and control paste (I use Aveda’s) will help secure your part on a windy day.
Most pro’s insist on curling irons being superior (when I interviewed actress Felicia Day once she talked about how she brought curlers to Doctor Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog and the hair lady laughed at her!), but I find hot rollers so much easier to use (and you can do makeup while they work on your hair, as though you had an assistant!). As long as you use different sized curlers and let your curls fall a tiny bit before spraying them, I think your hair will look the same no matter what method you use to do it.Use these photos for guidance.
How to get Amanda Seyfried’s Hair:
- Part your hair with a deep side part.
- Use different sized heated rollers in your hair (Jumbo hot rollers are great if you have lots of hair or want only large curls), rolling the hair up 1/3 of the way up. You don’t want the curls to start at the top of your head.
- When the heaters are cooled, let your hair out. Don’t spray anything yet! Shake it. Run your fingers through it a bit and arrange it how you’d like it.
- When hair has reached the look you’d like, cover face with your free hand as much as possible while spraying the curls. Also spray your part.
- If you’d like, heat a bit of Aveda’s Control Paste in-between your fingers and run it over the curls and your part for even more security of your hairs’ hold.
- Don’t worry about your hair the rest of the day, relax and enjoy!